__________________

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Brooke - Voted most likely to need plastic surgery sometime in her lifetime

So Brooke has managed to scare me many times in her very short lifetime and today was one of those days. As I sat at the kitchen table eating lunch Brooke was headed up the stairs to go get something she wanted all of the sudden I see her hit the floor with her head. She hit it hard and fast. I don't know how she fell from the stairs or what happened. Brianna was up stairs already and said that Brooke was about 4 stairs up and had put on Brianna's shoes and had tripped on them as she was going up. I don't know. I just have this horrible image of my little girls head hitting the hard tile floor.

I picked her up and I knew things couldn't be right with her hitting that hard. I wanted to look at her but she just held on to me so tight and was crying. I figured crying was a good sign. But then she began to just fall asleep. This is Brooke who on new years eve night stayed awake till 3 am and on our camping trip outing didn't fall asleep until the tent was finished at 2 am in the morning. Brooke never has falling asleep in my arms. EVER! I tried to get her to wake up but she wouldn't she would just cry and go back to sleep. I sent Brian an IM at work and asked him to come home since the doctors offices were closed from 12:30-2:00 for lunch break. And it was 12:45. We looked up stuff on the internet and it said it was o.k. to let he sleep a little so we did since we knew we had to wait until 2 to get into the doctors office.

She started to wake up just before 2:00 but that is when the throwing up began. Lots of it too. We had to change several outfits before we could actually get out the door and over to the doctors. The doctor said she definantly has a concussion but he didn't think she fractured anything. But we have to wake her up every 2 hours through the night tonight to make sure she is o.k.

She was finally back to smiling again this evening which makes me feel better but it has been a long stressful day. I just keep praying this child makes it to her next birthday.

This is a picture of Brooke asleep on Brian. I told Brian to smile for the 2nd Picture but he just did a silly face instead.
Brooke is feeling better tonight, at least she was smiling. Here is a picture of her head. It is kind of hard to see the huge goose egg bruise on it but believe me it is there.









6 comments:

Michelle Knight said...

Poor thing! What a cutie.

Sheri said...

Aw, your poor little girl! How scary! And I can most definitely see her bruise. How horrible. I'm glad she's feeling a little better, but I don't envy you having to wake her up every 2 hours.

Rich Angie said...

ouch, poor girl! how very scary for you!! glad to hear she's ok...

Tim and Shay said...

Oh man!!! Will she live to see her 3rd birthday? I wonder that about Katrina too, but I think Brooke has Katrina beat. Poor girl and the poor parents that are going to get gray hair and have a heart attack before they are 35. Tim has suggested for us, putting foam mats everywhere. Maybe you should try it. :o)

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

Oh my gosh when i read your comment about your brain being not turned on I totally read it as brian and was like ...."ok didn't need to know but thanks for the info??!!!" but then i reread it and had a good laugh at myself! I guess my brain is turned off too :)

The Arizona Blake Family said...

She is so cute! What is it about little girls and head injuries!

 

Free CursorsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Comments