__________________

Thursday, October 22, 2009

apple picking

It is Autum time and the Apples are ripe. One of our friends from church had the idea to take the kids up apple picking this week during October Break. It was so much fun. I of course forgot my camera... So I had to ask Alison to take just one picture for me. Her camera is great. Makes my camera look so low quality. Anyways, I am greatful for this one picture of the girls picking apples.

The girls were very speedy at apple picking. I think due to there training at orange picking at Grandpa Jones's farm. Before we had been there 5 minues Kaitlyns bag was so full she couldn't put any more in it. I dicided it was time to get out of the apple orchards before I had more apples then I could dream of dealing with.. I was already at the point of having so many that I was going to have to come up with things to bake and give away to the neighbors.

The apples were delicious. I have made a very good apple crumble so far. The girls have been eating a bunch of apples each day too.

It was a fun great fall actitivity.

2 comments:

Tim and Shay said...

That reminds me. I need to post our Apple picking pictures. I was thinking the same thing about our kids. They had a bag full of apples in 1 min. flat! That made a really short apple picking trip.

brooksybabe said...

How fun!!

 

Free CursorsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Comments