__________________

Friday, March 18, 2011

Swimming on St. Patrick's day




I can't believe it has almost been a years since we left the Netherlands and headed on this adventure back home.
It has been so wonderful to be home, to be near family and to participate in family activities.
It has taken me more then a year to get back to blogging but I decided it was time for me to start. So here is my first blog since being back in the states.
Today is St. Patrick's day and we are on Spring Break. My girls have been begging me to let them go swimming. They swear that they are dieing of heat and the must go swimming. (It has been in the 80's all week... Beautiful spring weather). So I decided today to let them in the pool (which is only about 60 degrees). I figured they would be in and out so fast and the whole thing would be over. NOOOOO... They spent a good hour swimming in the pool, having fun. They said the ocean in the Netherlands was way colder. At least the pool will get plenty of use right!
Happy St. Patty's day!

3 comments:

The Arizona Blake Family said...

I'm so glad you guys are back in the US! Are you back in AZ? We should catch up sometime!

Michelle said...

You are back! It's great to hear how you are doing. :)

Laura said...

Yay, I'm so glad you are back to blogging. It sounds like you all are adjusting quite well to Arizona. It's funny how they are willing to put up with the cold water temperatures. We've warmed up in Houston as well and the girls have been asking to go to the pool. But I have the excuse that it isn't open yet... :)

 

Free CursorsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Comments